Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Protective styles and new products



My goal is to attain more volume and thickness for Niah's hair 
I've added some new products to my daughter's hair regiment, which are Cantu shea butter no dip hair and scalp oil, Shea Moisture yucca and baobab thickening shampoo and volumizing conditioner. What I love about these products are they make her hair very soft and moisturize. You can find any of these hair products at your local beauty supply stores, Walmart, Target, or Walgreens. Lately I've been doing a lot of protective styles and extra tlc, because I want to simulate rapid growth. My goal for her hair is for it to double in length by this time next year and most importantly for it to be healthy. What I've notice about her hair is the back growths a lot faster than the front so,every now and then I trim the back so it can be some what even with the rest.  



Mini twists and length test
One of my favorite protective style is mini twist. I like these because there fun and very easy to do, plus this style can last for awhile with care You can keep protective styles in for awhile just remember to co-wash in between, she had her twists in for three weeks. Below are pictures of a few other protective styles.


Twist out and bun  (always add accessories for a finishing touch) 


Bigger twists which  I eventually twisted out  and accentuated with a bedazzled headband
Heart front beaded mohawk with twisted ends 
                                                                                 
Don' t forget to moisturize your scalp and massage your scalp for 30 minutes at lease twice a week  :)
                                               HAPPY SCALP= HEALTHY HAIR 


No comments:

Post a Comment